Join us in celebrating all that is great about diversity in the Geospatial Community on International Women’s Day. The W+G network has grown considerably over the last 4 years and always we want to Inspire, Unite and Empower our community.
The global theme for this year’s IWD is Embrace Equity.
Imagine a gender equal world. A world free of bias, stereotypes, and discrimination. A world that’s diverse, equitable, and inclusive. A world where difference is valued and celebrated. Together we can forge women’s equality. Collectively we can all #EmbraceEquity. (https://www.internationalwomensday.com/)
During the event, you will hear the career journeys of some of our great female leaders and innovators in the geospatial industry and a panel exploring what positive actions we can all take to support diversity and a gender-equal world.
Schedule and Speakers
- Introduction – Denise McKenzie, PLACE (Host)
- W+G Welcome – Mariam Crichton, CEO 7Satya & W+G INSPIRE Portfolio Lead
- Keynote: Rebecca Firth, Interim Executive Director, Humanitarian Open Street Map (HOTOSM)
- Keynote: Dr Vanessa Lawrence CB, International Advisor
- Positive Action Panel – a frank discussion about actions we can all take to help encourage diversity in our workplaces.
It is important to note that this is not just an event for Women! This celebration and discussion is for everyone in our profession and community and those that want to learn a bit more about why working in the Geospatial Community is so awesome.
Once you register a dial-in link will be sent the day prior to the event.