The Mentorship Launchpad contains key links, information and resources for cohort members taking part in the Mentorship Programme. You can check back in on this page throughout your mentorship journey to make sure you don’t miss anything.
Follow the steps outlined below to get started individually and with your mentorship group or pair.
Finish your individual induction to the Mentorship Programme by completing the following steps…
Join the W+G Slack Community
If you haven’t already, apply to join W+G’s Slack community. (Please note: this is only available for women+)
Celebrate with your network by using one of our social media badges – download them here or here!
Mentorship Pair or Group Steps
Get started with your mentorship by completing the steps below…
Arrange your first meeting
It’s time to meet with your partner or group! Arrange a meeting with them in October.
Complete your Mentorship Agreement
During your first meeting complete the Mentorship Agreement Form by 23rd October to set your pair or group’s priorities for the programme.
Meet your Mentorship Coordinator
Your Mentorship Coordinator will be in touch to arrange a meeting with your pair/group to check you’re settled in an to answer any questions.
Throughout the Programme
Don’t forget to check your Mentorship Diary for a reminder of your mentorship progress.
Don’t forget to check the Legacy guidance in the Programme Guide and in the Programme Resources folder on Google Drive.
These resources are specially produced for you to provide you with the support and information you need for a successful and beneficial mentorship experience.
A guide providing you with all the information about the Programme that you need. Check back regularly to keep yourself refreshed!
A guide to effective mentorship to allow you to make the most out of your time in the cohort.
Programme Resources Folder
A Google Drive folder containing useful Programme and mentorship resources
- 3rd October 2022 – Mentorship matches announced and cohort begins
- Early October – meet with your mentorship partner or group and complete the Mentorship Agreement Form
- 23rd October – Mentorship Agreement Form due
- Mid-Late October – Meet with your Mentorship Coordinator
- 25th November – Submit your Legacy Idea via the form
- December – Receive legacy idea feedback from your Mentorship Coordinator
- January to May 2023 – Develop and create your legacy alongside your mentorship
- February – Mid-programme check in calls with your Mentorship Coordinator
- 12th May – Legacy submission deadline
- 14th May – Mentorship Programme concludes
- June – celebrate your success with the Cohort Celebration Video. Mentorship certificates issued.
Other Useful Resources
- W+G Webinar Series (both upcoming events and recordings of past events)
- Add yourself to the W+G Speakers Database or connect with other women+ speakers for your events
- Be featured on W+G’s Profile of the Week
- Follow W+G on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Some useful Slack channels in the W+G workspace
- #topic-virtual-coffee and #topic-virtual-coffee-biweekly – to be connected with another member of W+G for a virtual coffee meeting
- #regional_ and #subregion_ channels – pick the region you live in to build more local connections in W+G
- #topic-technical – a great channel for advice and discussion on technical topics
- #4_events – listings and announcements for interesting events hosted by W+G and other organisations.
- and check out the huge range of other channels to suit your geospatial interests
Forging a geospatial community where all genders can thrive.Inspire. Unite. Empower.